Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Maui Birds

While on Maui, I tried to photograph every animal I could find. I was disappointed that I could never find any sea turtles. And I saw some birds that I just didn't have the opportunity to photograph because they appeared when I didn't have my camera. So here's the list of what I saw.
  • Nene geese visited us in Haleakala crater.
  • Mynah birds are everywhere.
  • Sparrows are common. Nothing special about them, so no photos.
  • Finches showed up now and then. Nothing special about them either.
  • We saw coots in 2 places.
  • Black crowned night herons were common in coastal waters.
  • Stilts were easy to find at the Kealia Pond Wildlife Refuge.
  • Cardinals and red crested cardinals were sometimes around.
  • Japanese White-Eyes were on the Ohai Trail.
  • We saw the occasional Gray Francolin. But not when my camera was handy.
  • Cattle egrets, aka cow birds were all over the golf courses. No photos.
  • Spotted doves and zebra doves were pretty common. They showed up all the time, but not when I had my camera ready.
  • Rock doves showed up now and then.
  • I saw Java sparrows hanging around a building in Lahaina. I was eating dinner, so no photos.
  • Wild chickens are plentiful. Why take a photo?
  • Mongoose would zip by. It was always fleeting; no photos.

No comments: