Saturday, May 12, 2007

Lesson 1

I encountered lots of delays before getting to my first lesson. It took a while to work out a meeting with my prospective instructor and then there was a problem with the paperwork for the plane.

On Wednesday of this week, I went out to the Manassas airport and we had our first meeting. We went through some administrative items and then we went out to the airplane for familiarization. It's a Piper Cherokee Warrior PA28-151. It looks to be in fine shape from the exterior. Inside, it's showing it's age. The controls and instrument panel are showing 30 years of use.

We went through a full preflight checklist and then we sat in the airplane. I wanted to test my headset that I bought on eBay. We tested the headset by listening to the ATIS. The headset works. But according to the ATIS, visibility was good, but the ceiling was below VFR minimums so we didn't fly.

No comments: