Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reflections on the last lesson

I recorded the last lesson. When I listened to it today, I picked up on a lot of stuff that I didn't remember because I was busy flying. I feel like a dunce on the radio because I'm doing a bad job of remembering the details of what I should say. I should write more stuff down, but I'm busy flying. I know that a lot of flying is gradually learning to deal with the increased workload.

But the main message here is that recording the lessons is a good idea. It helps to be able to review what was said in flight. I'm using a splitter cable that I bought from Aircraft Spruce. I plug one end of the splitter cable into the intercom, another into my headset, and the last, small cable into my digital audio recorder. The sound levels come out kind of low but I was able to amplify it and come up with decent quality. I find it odd that the audio from the radio comes in louder than the audio from the intercom.

No comments: