Sunday, January 3, 2016

Return Trip to Antelope Canyon


Last year I made a trip to Antelope Canyon, and I wrote about it here. This year, I was back in the area. My family was unanimous that they all enjoyed the walk through Antelope Canyon, so we visited again.

I have a better camera this time and I was looking forward to better pictures. I used the same 24mm f2.8 lens as last time. My old camera is cropped. My new one is full-frame. The net effect is that the old one could only effectively shoot at 36mm. My new one can shoot at 24mm. So the new one can shoot a wider effective focal length and its sensor is much better in low light. So in we went with my ISO set to 1600, sometimes adjusting to 2000.

This time was earlier in the day, so it was darker in the canyon. And it was cold. We weren't the first ones in, but pretty close, so I was able to get a few shots with no people in the frame. I found myself shooting less than last time, but happier with the shots that I got. Here are my favorites.

Upper Antelope Canyon Entrance


Looking Straight Up

A Rare Forward View with no People


Near the Downstream Entrance



No comments: