Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Mountain Goats

During my recent road trip to Wyoming, I drove the Beartooth Highway to enter Yellowstone National Park. I'd always heard it was a road with steep inclines, hairpin turns, and stunning landscapes. It didn't disappoint. Unfortunately it was a cloudy, hazy day and my photos aren't worth posting. However, I will say that this road is amazing, easily among the best of the many mountain roads I've traveled, even better than anything I've seen in the Alps. On my way out of Yellowstone, I drove through the Bighorn National Forest, and that one was pretty cool too. But nothing yet compares to Beartooth.

Anyway, I did have my first ever sighting of mountain goats. As usual, herds seem to have a habit of presenting butts when I put the camera to my eye. After trying for a while, I wound up with this photo, in which at least most of them are side-on.
Mountain Goats along Beartooth Highway

No comments: