Monday, September 4, 2017

Custer State Park

While visiting Mount Rushmore, I drove through nearby Custer State Park. The scenery was pretty cool, but not my thing, so I didn't do much landscape photography.
Pinnacles in Custer State Park
The bison were disappointingly absent. Only one was visible, lying down, off in the distance. The highlight of the drive was the area with the burros (donkeys). A large number of tourists in a large number of cars stopped to feed them. They were gentle, but pushy. And by that I mean both the tourists and the burros were gentle and pushy.
Begging Burro Sticks his Head In the Car Window
The burros were hanging out at the edge of a large prairie dog town. And among the prairie dogs, there were a few pronghorn. They were clearly very accustomed to the presence of people because they allowed me to approach quite closely. Sadly they didn't do much besides just eat or lie down.
Pronghorn Looking at Me

Resting in the Morning Sun

No comments: