Friday, September 15, 2017

Joint Base Andrews Air Show

Today the aerial performers at the Andrews Air Show had their practice session. I made the opportunity to go, primarily to see the Thunderbirds performance. As I arrived, the KC-135 made a low pass.
KC-135 Aerial Tanker
I'll just show some of my favorites without commentary...
Head On

Passing Right Overhead

Passing Under Their Own Smoke Trail

Wingtip Vortices and Smoke Trails

Opposing Solos

Two Slow  Planes With Gear Down, One Fast One with Gear Up Passing Between

They Went High, Coming Back Down FAST

Vapor Trails

In Tight Formation and Banking Hard

Up We Go

Right Angle Intersecting Pass
Inverted At the Top of a Loop, Passing the Moon

I went back for the actual show. There was a wall of clouds to the west, partly cloudy to the east, which made for difficult shooting as the background changed.
Low Pass with a Cloudy Background

Vapor Trails During a Tight Turn at Low Altitude

Coming Back Down In a Loop

No comments: